lovelygirl and me

lovelygirl and me

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

lovelygirl

There is a lovely little girl that has been on my mind this last holiday weekend. 

I submitted our home study on her last week.  At first I was hesitant.  She has one issue that I am not sure how to go about dealing with.  At least in the beginning.  Now, it doesn't seem nearly as large of an issue.

There has to be a key somewhere.  The key to unlocking the door, and finding that scared little forgotten child within.  All it takes is patience and perserverance. 

When I read her profile, I cry.  She never had nurturing.  Ever. Not really.  She may have had a few moments in her young eight years...something to cling to, hold onto.  Unfortunately, she had way more times of neglect.

A lady came in our clinic with her two daughters, and one climbed on her mom's lap while we discussed the options for their pet, a new puppy named "Charlie."  I always try to maintain a sense of professionalism, but when the girl snuggled up on her mommy's lap, I couldn't help but yearn for the day when I can do that with mine. 

I couldn't help myself, and asked how old her girls were.  Ten and eight.  The youngest, was the one sitting in her lap. 

The little girl we submitted on, "L", probably yearned for a lap like that her whole life.  Getting shuffled around to relatives, watching her mother get high and wasted, going hungry...neglected, and abused.

"L" needs that.  To take her back to that deprived little girl who really does need to sit in a mommy's lap.  To have arms hold her securely, to rock her, smooth her hair...cherish her. 

Please don't give up, "L."   They are searching for a home for you...they are searching for a new mommy and daddy for you. Hang in there, kiddo.  Keep that death grip on life...hang on.

I want it to be us.

lovely girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment