lovelygirl and me

lovelygirl and me

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

wonderings

Hello lovelygirl.

I wonder if today you are doing okay.  I wonder if today you are happy.  Are you sad today? Are you sitting in your classroom wondering when this will all end?  All the foster placements, the upheaval.  All the changes in your young life?   

I wonder if today, you are wondering when someone will rescue you?

You don't even know we exist yet.  And that we are praying for you.  Do you feel the winds of change blowing again?  Can you feel something stirring around you?

You don't even know that in 10 days we might be coming to meet you.  How will you feel? They said you want a mommy and daddy.  But still...to have that closes the door to the past. How can we help you through it all? What can we say to help ease your mind? To help you transition to a new life?

Dear Lord, help this little girl today.  Give her a peace that passes our understandings.  Begin the healing process...set a hedge of angels around her...comfort her...protect her heart and her mind.   Help her cope with her classmates, and the kiddos at daycare, and at her new foster home. Give her strength.

Help lovelygirl today, Lord.

She is on my mind constantly, this lovelygirl.  Her smile, her dark brown eyes, her long curly hair, her expression of dispair mixed with hope. 

She is on my mind.  My heart. 

wonderings.

No comments:

Post a Comment