lovelygirl and me

lovelygirl and me

Thursday, September 29, 2011

heygirlhey...

Hey girl, hey...

lovelygirl is biracial.  So beautiful. 

This may be a touchy subject for some. I apologize for that.  I try to always have an open mind about all things. As I am not, nor ever will be, the Judge, I don't feel right about judging anyone.

I watched some you tube videos about transracial adoption.  Some people are really not into it.
Some are downright angry.  They don't feel that an A/A child should be adopted by whites.

Albiet, she is half caucasian too.  But also, half African American.

I will do as much as I possibly can to keep her identity intact.  She is African American.  And white.  Both.  Not just one. Both.  I have plans on meeting up with friends who are both biracial and A/A.  To get help on how to take care of her hair and skin.  Also, to help get us connected more with the A/A world. 

When I look at her, I see a lovely girl, a beautiful child who needs the permanency that adoption can bring. She desperately needs a family to belong to, who will see her just as she is, and accept her just as she is.  One who will help her overcome difficulties in life...being a kid from the foster system, being adopted, being adopted by whites, and being a biracial child.

I see her heart. In which beats the same color of blood as all of us.

I heart you lovelygirl,

hey girl hey...

No comments:

Post a Comment