lovelygirl and me

lovelygirl and me

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

glimpses

Lovelygirl's recruiter sent a little tidbit to us. 

A report/letter on how lovelygirl is doing in her latest placement (she just had to be placed again 3 weeks ago) It's so surreal to think that this might end up being our little girl, and that this little glimpse into her life is something we can all someday look back on and smile. 

I say 'someday', because right now there is a terrified little lost girl over there.  She is pushing boundaries and testing her new foster mom.  Very typical behavior.  We can look at this behavior and know that it may look like that when she is here.  Likely to in fact. It's great to have an idea of what it will look like to prepare for it, to be ready with patience.

I say 'and smile' because I truly believe she will settle into a life of permancy very well.  She craves it, needs it.  The security that a forever home offers is intangible now, but once realized she will begin to feel like she belongs somewhere. 

Hindsight to old behaviors are like markers, milestones...signposts that lead us to the present, and who we are today.  All of us had them in some way or another.

All in all, it warms my heart. 

Lovelygirl is a real, live, warm blooded, sweet, little soul, who happened to have bad things happen to her.  She didn't raise her hand and beg to be picked for all that to happen to.  To her, it was her reality...sad as it was. 

So, catching a glimpse into her real life situation warms my heart.  I am not expecting some perfect little angel.  I am expecting a child who needs me.

so, thank you...for the glimpse.

I can just see her little face. 

No comments:

Post a Comment