lovelygirl and me

lovelygirl and me

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

reminderz

Squish.

Squish, squish...mud oozes through bared toes as I plod along.

This could be a moment of pure disgust, of pure horror...or of pure joy.

I happen to be a tomboy at heart, and think that the feeling of the wet earth is a good thing.  A moment of bliss.

I could chose to look at the negative side of things, and run for the showers.  I could look at it as a hinderance...walking on a clear path is the easier, less dirty route and I could get to my destination sooner. 

I could chose to sit down and wallow in it too.

But I don't.  Not today.  Not tomorrow. 

I choose to relish it.  To laugh out loud at the absurdity of it all; to continue trudging along on this uneasy path, the path of adoption.

I have to remind myself of that beach long ago.  (see first postings) The footprints in the sand.  Mine and a child, or children...running through the wet sand...barefoot.  Oh the possibilities!

I chose to remember.




No comments:

Post a Comment