lovelygirl and me

lovelygirl and me

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

day-to-day

Sigh.

Perhaps an even bigger one...

SIGH.

I keep checking on the status of the kiddos we submitted on through the OARE site.

Good news? They are all still showing "ACTIVE."  This means to me that I still have a shot at getting picked to go to committee.  A chance to be their mom.

I have been to committee once.  We were the second family...the 'back up' so to speak.  Terrible, but I kept hoping that somehow it wouldn't work with the first family, and they would come to us.  That lasted about a month long, the wishing...but over-all  I am grateful for the kiddos sake that it did work out, that they found their family. Out of the foster system and into a loving family.

I want it to be my turn.  My turn to be selected.  Been hoping a very long time.

I mentor a girl who just turned 11 today.  She is absolutely a sweet, wonderful girl.  She spent the afternoon and evening here with me yesterday.  I took her up to a fun little spot along a small river and we played in the water, catching crawdads...learning about them...and just splashing around.

We are finally at a place where we are comfortable just being together...no worries, just taking it day by day.  I don't have to worry about finding something to entertain her every second.  She was with me for 8 hours and the time flies by quickly.  She said something that warmed my heart when we finally left the picnic spot...she said, "This was the best day ever." 

Those simple words drove home the reality; that I am going to do okay at this. I can do this.

I realize that this is how it could be, if and when we finally adopt our girl, or girls.  Just livin' day to day...basking in the knowledge that she/they aren't going anywhere, that we have all the time in the world to explore new places, to bond even more, to love even deeper. 

Lookin' forward to that.

Day to Day.




No comments:

Post a Comment