lovelygirl and me

lovelygirl and me

Thursday, August 18, 2011

Pickin' beans...pickin' kiddos

Just picked over 6 pounds of beans from the garden.

Who would have thought our little 25 x 25 plot could produce so many!

My back aches.  The rich, dark ground was still wet from watering it this morning, so I just bent over and picked on down the aisles. Ouch!

Bountiful harvest.  I see that I need to pick more zuchinni and summer squash..as well as cucumbers.

I love having fresh produce from our garden. No chemicals, no added preservatives, no coloring.  Just plain ole honest to goodness fresh veggies!

Of course, it means work too.  The sink is now full of beans that will either need to be blanched and frozen, or canned.  Over the winter, we will be able to enjoy all the fruits of our labor, so it is worth it.

Pickin' out kiddos is a bit tougher.  We have to find the right fit, the right little plant to transplant into our own garden. All their faces smile at me...pick me, pick me! Which one will be the right one? Who will she be, our daughter? My heart is already turning the soil, adding the fertilizer, getting it ready for planting. 

My prayers go out to her, whoever she is, where ever she is...Lord, begin the transformation now...the letting go of expectations, the acceptance of a new garden. We accept Your infinite wisdom...your perfect timing, your perfect daughter for us.

Our adoption worker sent a link to a girl in Texas.  Wow...she sounds like she would fit right into our family, our lives. Not all kiddos I read about evoke an emotional response. 

She did.  I cried. 

Maybe it is her.  Maybe next summer she will be pickin' beans alongside of me in our garden.

No comments:

Post a Comment