lovelygirl and me

lovelygirl and me

Saturday, November 26, 2011

computerilliterate

yup.

that is me.

computer illiterate. ie computer dummy.

In general, I try to be brave and check out new things, and the other day, a shiny button that I hadn't noticed before caught my eye...

"Try the updated Blogger interface"  (WOW!! COOL!!) c.l.i.c.k.

lol

I pushed it.

my blog completely dissappeared! An error script popped up. I tried everything my feeble mind could think of, but nothing worked. nada. fini. gone.

After a day went by, I decided to reach out and call someone...I emailed my friend, "H" who really must be an angel, and pleaded my case.

She went on and actually fixed it. (within minutes) WHEW!!! What would I do without my blog?

THANK YOU, "H"!!!! lol

Seriously though, everything in life has a lesson to learn behind it, right?  The lesson I will take from this is this:

It's okay to try new ways of doing things, but in the end, don't get in over your head, and if you do...don't hesitate to ask for help!

In the days ahead, I will be trying new things with lovelygirl...new ways of teaching her the right way to do things, new ways of 'discipline' as in "time-ins" instead of the old "time-outs" etc. 

In my searching, via internet and reading books by more experienced people than I, I will undoubtedly stumble and fall, and make many mistakes.  I need to try not to get in over my head, but if I do, to not be afraid to ask for help...call my support network.

Admit my mistakes or faults and learn from them. Know my limitations.

*smile*

It feels good to be here again.

1 comment:

  1. Profound realizations on a Saturday night at bedtime. Smile. hugs

    ReplyDelete