lovelygirl and me

lovelygirl and me

Sunday, February 12, 2012

one step forward 2 steps back

I can see that the month that it took to get approved for another visit with lovelygirl had a negative affect on our relationship.  Not terrible, but we slipped further back...closer to the beginning.

The one in December was 14 days long, and we forged a tiny bond.  We had another visit in January, over a weekend, and that one was great too.

Then we had a whole month go by until this visit. And we only had her for one full day and two half days. Travel time in the car is great for conversations...IF a certain little girl could remain awake.

I have to take what I can get, and do the best that I can in the short time we have together.

But I feel like we took several steps backwards.

I wonder if she really believes that she WILL be moving here.  She gave up asking.  I don't have any answers for that.  I am frustrated.  And I am the Adult.

One step forward, two steps back.

No comments:

Post a Comment