lovelygirl and me

lovelygirl and me

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

today

Today is the day.

Today, "Team lovelygirl" goes before a judge, and shows him her paperwork, and her birthmom's relinquishment papers.

Then, he stamps them, "legally free."

Initially, when we first started this adoption journey, we hadn't wanted to even look at kiddos that were considered "legal risk," It frightened us to think we could get selected, and go through who knows how long of a wait and end up not getting that child, or children after all.  Time invested, risks seemingly too high.

God knew, didn't He?

After over a year of submitting, and not getting selected, or getting selected to go to committee and then not being chosen as the family, or thinking we found one, and having it all blow up in our faces; we were tired of getting nowhere.

Lovelygirl wasn't on the typical search sites. We only found her because a recruiter sent her profile to "C" at AFFEC.  She immediately sent it to me. (She is so great!) I read the profile and wasn't sure. I kept going back and looking at it. She had a couple of issues that seemed too difficult at the time.

I tossed and turned it over in my mind. 

Other than these two issues, she really had so few of the other ones.  I really prayed hard. By morning, my mind was made up.

She would be worth the risk.  I felt this as strongly as I heard God promise to me those many years ago, that I would have a daughter some day.

There would be no going back.

So, though there has been a bit of a wait, to come to this day; this day of new beginnings, I have not felt the anxiety I thought I would. Sure, there have been those moments I waver in my convictions. But overall, it hasn't been nearly as huge of an obstacle as I made it out to be in my mind.

Today is the day.

New beginnings. We can finally move forward with the adoption. She can finally be ours.

today.

No comments:

Post a Comment