lovelygirl and me

lovelygirl and me

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

morewaiting

Not meeting lovelygirl this Saturday.

Changed.

Changed to October 14th.

Good news we will get to meet her at the zoo.  How fun is that? A great icebreaker too!  Instantly things to talk about:  Did you see that giraffe? Wow he has a long neck, huh? Oh, look at that baby elephant, isn't he a sweetie? etc  Less awkward moments.

I volunteered a while back at an event for foster kids, where they make movie clips of them for things like Wednesday's child etc.  The event took place at the zoo near Portland. Fun day.  I got to meet some foster kiddos and have a chance to see them acting pretty much like themselves.  A very learning experience. 

Hopefully, lovelygirl will let her guard down at least a few times, so we can catch a glimpse of "her." 

She will know about us by then.  I wonder when she will be told that there is a family who wants her.  How will she feel? Happy? Sad? Both?  In order to start a new chapter, you have to turn the page in the story.  Turning the page means leaving parts behind. 

Oh, lovelgirl.  We don't want you to lose who you are.  We just want you to be in a real family and experience security and safeness and eventually...love. 

I will try and stay positive about the delay in meeting her.  Though I am worried about her in this foster home.  My intuitions want to run up there and bring her home as fast as I can! 

This gives me time to be more ready for her.

Complete the parenting plan.  Check.
Contact schools. Check.
Find a good Physician.  Check.

Those types of things.

all while waiting.

No comments:

Post a Comment