lovelygirl and me

lovelygirl and me

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

delaysdelaysdelays

Holidays have a way of messing with schedules.

Even the best laid plans can be delayed.  Best intentions can't always hold plans together. Life brings unexpected avalanches to flow over the road to our goals, causing a pile of roadblocks, and added time to get to the goal.

Our lovelygirl is chomping at the bit to come live with us. We had a wonderful, bonding time over the holidays.

She left the cutest note for us:

“I hop(e) I get to live with you soon.



And plees(please) ask if the paperwork


is don(e)!!”

Unfortunately, that avalance landed smack in the middle of our plans.
 
Her caseworker had a family emergency, and wasn't even in the office through most of December.  So, the ICPC never got filed when it was supposed to. (December 15)
 
Can't fault her for it, and don't.
 
Still, my heart is heavy as I grab the shovel and start digging my way through the mess.
 
She will get a new adoption caseworker assigned to her on the 12th of January, over a month since she was declared legally free.
 
We can't move forward on our end, and get approval etc from DHS until they have the copy of the ICPC in their hands.
 
Not giving up.  My dogged determination will get me through it all.
 
Find out who that adoption worker is, (scoop, shovel, dig) light a fire under that worker's behind, (scoop, shovel, dig) be ready for our DHS worker to come here, (scoop, shovel, dig) be the pest that I can be and light more fires under whoever needs the push (scoop, shovel, dig) and let that snow fly behind me!
 
Delays are those avalanches. We can try to prepare as best we can.  As adults, it's our jobs to set the example. But how do you do that when a little eight year old who lives in another state can't see what you are doing, or how you are reacting to the delays?
 
I get to talk to her Saturdays at 4:00pm.
 
lovelygirl, we are coming for you...digging our way through the mounds of paperwork, the avalanche of delays...to you! we are coming. hold on, baby. hold on.
 
delays

No comments:

Post a Comment