lovelygirl and me

lovelygirl and me

Thursday, August 19, 2010

onelesslonelygirl

Trying to look at the world through 10 year old "tween" eyes. Normal school girl crushes, fights with girl friends and all those things that have long since collected dust and cobwebs in the far recesses of my mind.

Now slash those. Contort them with pain and loss. Twist them with abuse and neglect. How does the world look now? How can one lonely girl see the world when all she knows is sorrow?

She wants to belong. To fit in. To be loved, unconditionally. No more bags packed. No more starting over. No more trying to be the perfect child so you won't be given back.

I can feel the longing in her heart. It stretches out across the vast mountains and valleys in the distance that separates us. Clinging desperately to my bleeding heart.

"If you let me inside your world, there'll be one less lonely girl."

Just a few lines from a song sung by the tween heart throb, Justin Beiber. Powerful words.

"I'm comin' for you, comin' for you."

Mother~someone who understands your past, believes in your future, and accepts you today just for who you are.

One less lonely girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment