lovelygirl and me

lovelygirl and me

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

freshcleanpalette

My mother-in-law came over today, and together we painted the walls "Ultra White" in the room that will be our girl's room.

A fresh palette. When we bring her home, she can help decide what colors she wants on her walls, and what she wants painted. She will have an artist for a mom, so she can pretty much pick anything!

"Grandma" brought some things she had to dress up the room. Cute little music boxes, butterfly shaped glass dish with a lid and other girlie-girl things. She is excited too. Since she has no grandaughters, she has only been able to buy things for boys. Now she will have a grandaughter.

It's okay to spoil some. There is some making up to do in my way of thinking. Over due. In moderation. *Smile.* Can I really resist? I think not!

We dragged the bed in and set it up. Wish the room was bigger. What can I do? It is cute though. I think she will like it.

Starting over in a new home provides the chance to "wipe the slate clean" and "start over." You can't leave the past behind, but you can put it in a safe place and move on. It's our job to show her how.

A fresh, clean room. A new start. A fresh clean palette.

No comments:

Post a Comment